Monday, July 13, 2015

Reflection 2: Things Just Don't Seem to Work Out as They Used to.


          I really do not know what it is about stores today, I really don't know what to expect anymore when it comes to going into a store like Sears or JCPenney and expected what people saw as expectations of the staff and employees when they walked in, for them to do what they were hired for, and that is to wait on and help to customer with whatever possible to make the sale. I was in Sears yesterday and made my way to the tire department, I was with some other people, and group of people must have really been moved by what I said, and that was " I wouldn't buy tires here unless it was 1990 again!, they only have eight kinds and two people to install them that wish there weren't here right now!", I don't know if it came off more as rude, like who am I to judge, or came off as moral, I speak for everyone that doesn't want to speak up in front of a crowd, or the people that might stand up and decide to change something, they just need a little push. I look at going into a store, and as the movies portray anything, that is nothing of this is practical in real life, it is read of a script, and the world doesn't work that way, and never will.

          I like to reference Mallrats again, because the movie in from 1995, and I love when Jason Lee walks into the mall, he takes a deep breath and bellows "I love the smell of commerce in the morning!", that is really what best describes what I do when walking into somewhere to shop, not there to pick up stuff and leave, but to take in what is looked at by the designers and architects that constructed these sanctuaries of communal shopping.


          Maybe its just me, but I always catch myself thinking its a time when a retail job was taken seriously, not leaning up against the counter making snood remarks about the customers behind there backs, rather than enjoy the environment in which you chose to be apart of, not saying all of the members of this industry are like this, but if I come across one, I most of the time take it as sarcasm, like are are forced to wait on me, I'm waisting your time looking for something, when really, its me waisting my time because I know I can sit in my house and order the same thing online like everyone else for a cheaper price and half the effort, but chose to support another dying reminder of what America was instead.

Thank you for reading and remember to check in as a new augment can come at anytime.

1 comment:

  1. Du kan finne eksempler på hvordan ledere stiller typiske intervjuspørsmål og øver på svarene på forhånd. For eksempel spør de ofte hvor søkeren ser seg selv om fem år, og blir også bedt om å vise et eksempel på et saksintervju. Her er en flott side CV Shop det er mange tips som vil hjelpe deg! Lykke til!

    ReplyDelete