Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Last Days At Machesney Park Bergner's.


     Years of decline leading up to the de-malling of Machesney Park Mall, the lost of JCPenney in 2014, and now Bergner's, the last semi-original anchor store (originally Younker's) is closing at the end of January. The plan of Machesney Town Center returning to a prospering retail hub has taken a turn for the worst now left with only two stores, Burlington and Big Lots. There is a college in the rear of the center, otherwise a retail strip is located down RT-251 and the Cherryvale Mall is the destination for Rockford.

Here is my original post of Machesney Park Mall from December 2014 featuring photos from 2012 and 2014.

Here is my FLASHBACK: post featuring very vintage photos from the 80's and 90's courtesy of Labelscar.

Here is my post as I returned to Machesney Town Center featuring photos from May 2015.

Here are the photos I took last week as I walked through the store for what will be the last time.
















Thank you for reading Trip to the Mall and continue to follow us on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment