Macy's has started off the new year on a bad foot announcing the closure of 11 stores last week. These closures are on top of another 19 stores that will be announced later this year as the leases will expire, according to Business Insider. Closing sales began January 8th and will last 12 weeks, so the locations listed below will close by the end of April.
Here are the 11 locations that will be closing so far this year:
- Laguna Hills Mall, Laguna Hills, Calfornia
- Westside Pavilion, Los Angeles, Calfornia
- Novato (Furniture), Novato, Calfornia
- Stonestown Galleria, San Francisco, Calfornia
- The Oaks, Gainesville, Florida
- Miami (Downtown), Miami, Florida
- Magic Valley Mall, Twin Falls, Idiaho
- Honey Creek Mall, Terre Haute, Indiana
- Birchwood Mall, Fort Gratiot Township, Michigan
- Fountain Place, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Burlington Town Center, Burlington, Vermont
Thank you for reading Trip to the Mall and continue to follow us on Facebook for additional content and information on shopping centers and retail stores across the Midwest.