Central Grocers, the Joliet, IL-based parent company in Highland, Ind-based Strack & Van Til plans on closing 9 more Ultra Foods store as it is going out of business, and plans to sell 22 other locations. According to the Chicago Tribune, Central Grocers is a grocery cooperative, founded in 1917, and operates as a wholesaler to independent grocer's throughout Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana.
The nine Ultra Foods locations include:
- 501 South County Farm Road, Wheaton, Illinois 60187
- 16831 Torrance Avenue, Lansing, Illinois 60438
- 1590 North Larkin Avenue, Joliet, Illinois 60435
- 571 West 14th Place, Chicago Heights, Illinois 60411
- 13001 South Ashland Avenue, Calumet Park, Illinois 60827
- 7520 West Roosevelt Road, Forest Park, Illinois 60130
Here is my article from March 2017 when Ultra Foods announced several closures.
Here is my article about Jewel-Osco potentially purchasing the remaining Strack & Van Til locations.
Thank you for reading Trip to the Mall and continue to follow us on Facebook.